Welcome and thanks for stopping by! Sadly I'm not active here anymore, but feel free to look me up in some other places:

DeviantART
~ Last.fm ~ Poets of the Fall Forums ~ Twitter ~ YouTube

Saturday, December 22, 2007

WHAT I BELIEVE IN

Everything terrifies me, everything I feel in me
But the anger striking out overcomes the fear
I don't care from now on if everything caves in
I'll never stop supporting what I believe in
That is, I am who I am

I never got ashamed of what has become of me
It's the feedback that I'll get that scares me
But the fury in me beats the fear that's in
I'll never stop supporting what I believe in
That is; I am who I am

If you don't like it, you can go f*** yourself!
_______________________________
Sorry about the last part folks, I was dead angry when I wrote it and thought that was the most important part of all. Leaving it out would make the poem incomplete. No offence, this is for the ones that especially deserve it.

8 comments:

Poet In The Jar said...

Oh but I love this piece! It's so dead honest and you can really feel the anger flowing through it, plus it's well written. Great work, hon!

Alev said...

Its so nice to see you again, where have you been hiding yourself? ;) Thanks hon. =) I cant believe it, I've really outdone myself at swearing. xD xD

Ryan said...

lol, this is a great job, pulsing with anger.. and truth to yourself, you didn't edit it for the sakes of making it more acceptable, thats exactly what i love... along with contradiction, Great Job Alev, BRAVO!

Alev said...

Wow, thanks a lot. Well, you were the one encouraging me not to censor poetry and let it flow right the way it is... There you go. :D :D I should also thank you for that. =)

Ryan said...

*blushes* I feel like I'm helping beyond my capacity, you're the one who wrote the poetry I simply told you to keep up with such a pattern because by letting your emotions out you're making a more intense poem.

Poet In The Jar said...

Yes. You don't choose the words, just catch them as they appear. Changing them or censoring them would just mean not being true to them. It would be like dissecting your own emotions in order to make them "fit" better. No, I'm totally agreeing on this one. :P

Hehe, well I've moved to my new place as you know, and it's gonna take a few weeks before I get internet here... sucky :D

Ryan said...

yeah, but atleast you got yourself a new place, hope your warming up to it well.

Alev said...

Thanks guys. And Becca; yeah, it totally sucks... Hope to see you soon though. =)